Solotech Sales & Integration is currently recruiting an Audio Visual Installation Technician
for our Ottawa / Gatineau office serving the National Capital Region.
The AV System Integration Technician will report to the Manager of Installations – NCR. A well motivated and organized individual will enjoy the challenges and rewards that this position offers.
- The proper installation, configuration and start-up of the equipment sold by Solotech;
- Maintain up-to-date and trained on audio visual products and technologies;
- Work in close collaboration with the Project Managers;
- Represent Solotech with regards to clients;
- Coordinate with other trades on the job site;
- Communicate the job site’s needs in equipment, materials and labour to the Project Manager in order to maintain
- Maintain the tools and truck that are assigned to you in good condition;
- Maintain the inventory of hardware and wiring in the truck up-to-date and in sufficient quantity to meet the needs of
the job site;
- Ensure that the work is carried out according to all health and safety requirements and applicable laws;
- Read and follow all of the technical drawings (block diagrams, single line drawings, rigging details etc.);
- Participate in training sessions on new technologies and products;
- Participate in team meetings;
- All other associated tasks required by the department and the company. Additional management and leadership
skills required for a Senior Technician position.
- 2 to 5 years experience in the AV installation and integration field;
- Own a vehicle to be able to get to work and a valid driver’s licence. Work related mileage will be compensated;
- Flexible and able to adapt to situations and individuals;
- Autonomous, rigorous and disciplined yet comfortable with and efficient in team work;
- Able to analyze and solve problems;
- Available occasionally on evenings and available to work flexible hours.
- Must know how to work with a computer under Windows environment;
- Knowledge of sound, lighting, video, control systems and/or videoconference equipment;
- Able to obtain security clearance.
To apply for this position:
If your profile corresponds to the requirements of the job, please send your resume with a cover letter to Pierre J. Leduc
or apply with our online application form.